Another Escape – Volume 7: The Natural World Volume
Another Escape is an outdoor lifestyle, creative culture and sustainable living publication that explores the stories of passionate people, alluring landscapes and intriguing ideas. We cover a disparate selection of subject matter all deep-rooted in exploration, creativity, innovation and discovery, and aim to be a a source of inspiration for those who seek an active and considered lifestyle by encouraging an optimistic, forward-thinking and responsible mindset.
Taking the time for meaningful moments of observation and appreciation can cultivate the inquiring mind of a naturalist, like that of those who have taught us so much about the world around us. Our curious minds enable us to peer into other worlds and open up new possibilities. Curiosity can transform unremarkable events into fulfilling experiences and inspire new ways of seeing; it can draw us off the beaten path and onto great adventures, and simply make life more thrilling.
This volume hopes to awaken our inner naturalist by taking us into luscious jungles, home oases, and cabinets of curiosities. Volume Seven is inspired by both those who find wonder in the minute and the colossal, by those who are awed by tiny organisms, relics of the past, large swathes of forest, and the company of plants. We celebrate nature and its incredible breadth of diversity, and explore how it captures the imaginations of naturalists both past and present. We meet with people whose ambition is to harmoniously live alongside the natural world and empower others to see the value of its assets and share in its adventurous offerings.
THIS VOLUME INCLUDES
• A window into a green-fingered blackmarket
• Plant hunting and botanical collecting in remote jungles
• Trekking into the wilds of Borneo's rainforests and exploring their unique ecosystems
• Learning of one woman's ambition to help the plight of the orangutan
• The passionate story behind the restoration of the Caledonian forest in the Scottish Highlands
• Understanding four urbanites relationship with plantlife and how interior green spaces can draw them closer to nature
• The efforts of a native community in rural Borneo who are creating a project to preserve nature and celebrate their culture
• The fascinating story of Alfred Russel Wallace and his time in the Malay Archipelago
• The dedication and skill of a professional fossil hunter and restorer
• A discussion on the importance of curiosity
Choechoe Brereton choechoebrereton.com
Jody Daunton jodydaunton.co.uk
Grace Helmer gracehelmer.co.uk
Mari Luz Vidal mariluzvidal.com
Charles Ryan stickyricetravel.com
Louisa Thomsen Brits
Susan Bell susanbellphotography.net
144 inside pages
200mm x 265mm
300gsm matte laminate cover
120gsm inside pages
Printed on Edixion Challenger FSC
Euro Eco-label paper
Published in Bristol, UK.