Darling Magazine – Issue 14: Character
Darling is…the art of being a woman.
Darling Magazine holds the modern mold of woman up to the fire to evoke a discussion on femininity and re-shape an authentic design. Darling is a catalyst for positive change; leading women to discover beauty apart from vanity, influence apart from manipulation, style apart from materialism, sweetness apart from passivity, and womanhood without degradation.
Read well, read often, and consume what is good. Finally, a magazine that makes you feel loved, not less.
- 174 pages of exclusive, print-only content.
- A collection of thought provoking, encouraging essays and original photography.
- Zero retouching; our magazine features real women with real bodies.
- A portion of proceeds will directly support IJM’s anti-trafficking work in the DR.
- Offset printed and perfect bound on uncoated paper in the USA.
WHAT'S INSIDE THE "CHARACTER" ISSUE?
It’s that time of year where “what really matters” often gets talked about, but rarely pursued. With winter upon us, we’re now seeking to refocus the lens on our character, taking the time to really think about what it is we stand for and making certain virtues (maybe those long forgotten) popular once again. In these pages you’ll find themes of leaving a legacy,prudence in decision-making, becoming a woman of commitment and finding beauty with age.
From Sarah Dubbeldam’s Letter from the Editor:
“However, what’s most important is becoming a pillar, a woman who is the same even when nobody is watching — one that holds an inner compass that guides them in every decision — who desires more than anything to be good, true and right.“
In Darling Issue 14 you will find:
Inside The Achiever | A feature interview with two-time Primetime Emmy winning actress Uzo Aduba on identifying her passion and how she wholeheartedly pursues it.
Inside The Confidant | An intimate interview with Lizzie Velasquez. Through her truly inspiring story of overcoming extreme online bullying, she shares with us about the power of our words and how focusing on the good can really change lives.
- Inside The Confidant | A examination on what commitment looks like in a relationship and what it takes to build trust and go beyond yourself for the sake of another.
- Inside The Beautician | A piece centered on moving culture from an “anti-aging” to a “pro-aging” mentality. Hear from makeup artist turned super model Cindy Joseph and her experiences entering the industry at forty-nine, and how she came to create her own line of pro-age cosmetics.
Cover photograph by Frank Terry