Hot Rum Cow – Issue 10 – The Time Machine Issue
Hot Rum Cow is a UK drinks magazine, and labour of love, created by White Light Media. Its aim is to celebrate the wonderful world of drinks by exploring the stories and people behind them.
Dr Emmett Brown. Bill S. Preston, Esq. Dr Sam Beckett. Gary Sparrow. To this inspiring roll call of the time travelling community’s bravest and brightest you can now add the creators of this humble drinks magazine (the finest available to humanity).
Issue 10 of Hot Rum Cow has driven our ragged rabble of seekers and suppers to the farthest reaches yet. Our pursuit of the origins of good drinking has taken us back in time. Join us as we plunge headlong into the Hot Rum Time Machine and bear witness at the birth of all that is good in booze.
Emerging from the vortex you will learn:
- How we can thank monks for everything from hoppy beers, to drinkable wine and macerated magic in a glass
- The perils and pitfalls of re-creating your own 600-year-old ale
- How to lay on the drink-soaked medieval banquet your castle deserves
- The 2,000 year history of Pulque, Mexico’s ultimate rebel drink
- How defying the devil and wooing women gave rise to the toasts of today
- The rules of Ancient Greek beer pong and Tang dynasty spin-the-bottle
Bringing it back to the future we have Dan Aykroyd and Boris Yeltsin, gallons of mead and perry, a lesson in sabrage, coffee cocktails, the world’s largest glass of beer and the good and bad in drinks advertising.