Noble Rot – Issue 17: Champagne Underground
Noble Rot Magazine is the home of exciting wine and food writing. Since its launch in 2013, Noble Rot has seen chefs Fergus Henderson, Honey & Co and Stephen Harris rubbing shoulders with artists like Brian Eno, Mark Ronson and David Shrigley, blurring the boundaries between gastronomy and the creative arts. Contributors include Marina O’Loughlin, Shaun Keaveny, John Niven, Neal Martin, Jamie Goode, Kate Spicer and Jon Bonné. The magazine is based in London, and published every four months in both print and digital formats.
In the cork poppin’, gut bustin’, merry makin’ new issue of Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un’s favourite wine and food magazine...
- ...we spotlight grower Champagne. From Jacques Selosse to Ulysse Collin, Noble Rot meets the pioneers and coming generation of this exciting region
- …Caitlin Moran tells us ‘How Champagne Changed My Life’
- ...we meet Richard Russell, the A&R man who shaped XL Recordings, home of Adele, Radiohead, Dizzee Rascal, The Prodigy et al
- …our roving wine critic and revolutionary Henrietta Handpump reports back from Bordeaux 2017 en primeur
- ...Andrew Jefford argues there are other things in life than being geeky about wine (Say wha?)
- …we feature Noble Rot's 10 Best Food Scenes on Film
- …we take a ‘quick snifter’ with cult Welsh illustrator and Hunter S Thompson collaborator Ralph Steadman
- …feature stories about Cornas, Greece’s Xinomavro, Restaurant Snakes & Ladders, Vin de Seyssuel, Mont Blanc and reviews and musings from Marina O’Loughlin, Diana Henry, Russell Norman, Henry Harris, Jon Bonné, Georges Reynolds, Nina Caplin and John Niven, among much more